Thursday, March 19, 2009

From the Shepherd's Archives

Taken at no. 13 old Lawrence Terrace perhaps at the end of the 40s or early 1950's. My dad, Ivan and mother, Tessy and Nana Mabel are seen clearly. In the shadow is probably Aunty Ivy (Hourigan) . Below is Uncle Jim and Aunty Maud. Jim was the only sibling of my dad's to settle out of the country (UK) where he died not long after getting there in 1968(?).

Pics taken more than 60 years ago. Some people may not be surprised. Most people live in the present, I live in the past. The first two pics were taken at Lawrence Terrace while the third one either at the Residency or the Prince of Whales Zoological Gardens, Lucknow. The name of the zoo was changed in the last ten years. Standing is Aunt Maud, my dad's sister, Ivy, my dad and mum, cousin, Dorothy (James), Glenna and Maurice James. On the ground is Uncle Jim and his son Hubert.

No comments: