Friday, December 3, 2010

Re: Concretizing!

Thanks George,
Your photographs make me feel close to the works taking place around the Lart. If the intention is to create a lake around the Lart and a treed park on the vacant land as suggested by Vice-Chairman LDA Mukesh Meshram the outlook from the parapet above the library will be stunning. I know there are many old boys that feel nostalgic about the way the grounds were in the 50's and 60's. However when I look at the changes that have taken place in Lucknow in the 50 odd years since I have been away I can see why there are moves to make more use of the land that surrounds the Martiniere. If this land can be, as suggested, be set aside as Public Open Space to be used by the citizens of Lucknow rather than for commercial and residential purposes I am sure our founder will be well pleased.
Regards,
Roley.
 
 
 
 
-------Original Message-------
 
Date: 3/12/2010 5:20:03 PM
Subject: Concretizing!
 
Friday December 3, 2010.
 

No comments: