Sunday, May 27, 2012

Naini Tal May 12-16, 2012



This was my first visit to Naini Tal. Our family, two daughters and their husbands and three little boys, my son, wife and myself made up a group of ten. It was great fun! I'd head about the over-crowding, the vehicular traffic - buses, two-wheelers and four-wheeler. There were lots but there was seldom a trafficjam for long. It seemed to sort itself out in no time.
There is no doubt that the hills have lost a lot of their green cover, one reason, I guess, for the landslides at several spots all the way up from Kathgodam railway station. Some of these spots looked very frightening, massive rocks that appeared ready to roll down anytime. Road repairs appear to be an on-going process. At one point on the way up there were several men looking down below the road. The taxi driver said a bus had gone over the day before. I don't think that type of news would help promote tourism in the hills!

No comments: