Saturday, November 7, 2009

David Sealey is prompt!




Pic of Late David Young in the 1980s.
We were close till sometime in the early 90's when he took his mother away from Lucknow. He passed away two or three years ago. David has a son in Lko also named David and a daughter from a second wife in Bombay.

Letter from David (Lala) Sealey in Brisbane, Australia.

Hi Georgie,



Now that you mention it I vaguely remember meeting you in New Market (Chowringhi?) more probably in early ’72 as I would have been with my parents getting my stuff ready for coming to Australia. There is nothing to compare to a good old Mart bun tack, you are still in Lko do they still have a tuck shop and do they still have bun tacks and puri tacks?No I didn’t know White Young was in Brisbane. Depends on the years he was here, but I was able to get his phone number from the Martinian association in Perth. I guess I must have phoned his number about 6 times and even spoke to his son but he never bothered to return my calls, C-----(Hindi abuse) in fact he is a mega C----- considering all the times we used to hang out while we were on hols & while I lived in Jhansi. Ungrateful sod.Yeah I heard Black young died but I thought he was on one of the tin mines in Malaysia.Crafty Ahmed is a Senior Civil Servant somewhere in the Jaipur area.Peter Quieros and his younger brother Steven are in Melbourne, we exchange emails almost on a daily basis.There were 3 Hashmans they left India and came to Australia in 1965. Lou who was the eldest he joined the Railways and has been a train driver and has only just retired. He used to drive those big coal trains that had double diesel engines and were 2 km in length. Geoffrey was the middle brother, he joined the West Australian State Government and is an Accountant, although he is not in the best of health I hear. Their youngest brother Ian is in Sydney. I keep in touch with Lou by email and the occasional phone call. So what have you done about getting me the addresses of those other Shepherd (Pat & Lorraine)girls. Bye for now CheersLala



Will send you a pic soon as I can organise my wife to download a decent one, has your computer got enough memory because I have not got any smaller!!

No comments: